Eye cream is an essential part of a proper skincare routine. Eyes play a big role in how old, tired, stressed, alert, and even hydrated you look. An eye cream can help hydrate the area around your eyes and diminish the appearance of wrinkles, bags, and dark circles. Yet many men overlook their eyes when doing their skincare. After all, there are so many eye creams available and it’s hard to know which ones are good and which aren’t.
Fortunately for you, we reviewed dozens of eye creams for men to identify the best of the best. We considered eye creams with all kinds of different ingredients and for a variety of different needs and all skin types. We also looked at eye creams at different price points and made sure to consider reviews from real consumers to make sure that each of our picks really works.
Our top pick, and the clear winner, is Organixx Renew Eye Cream. This soothing, hydrating eye cream reduces redness, dark circles, and puffiness. It also smooths, brightens, and strengthens the skin around the eyes.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Eye Creams for Men
|Best Eye Cream for Men Overall||Organixx Renew Eye Cream||4.6|
|Best Eye Roller for Men||American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum||4.5|
|Best Budget Eye Cream for Men||NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care||4.6|
|Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream for Men||Brickell Men's Restoring Eye Serum Treatment||4.9|
|Best Moisturizing Eye Cream for Men||Wilder's Moisturizing Men's Eye Cream||4.9|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Eye Cream for Men Overall: Organixx Renew Eye Cream
Our top pick and favorite eye cream for men overall is Organixx Renew Eye Cream. This eye cream uses clean, natural ingredients to help with a wide variety of eye area problems. It’s also third-party lab tested and proven to be free of GMOs, herbicides, pesticides, and heavy metals. It’s vegan, cruelty-free, and contains no preservatives or parabens.
Jojoba is a natural anti-inflammatory that hydrates and reduces redness. It can even help with eczema and rosacea in the eye area. Olive oil is a natural anti-oxidant, hydrates, and protects your skin from sun damage. Speaking of hydration, nothing is more hydrating than water and Organixx Renew Eye Cream also contains purified water which hydrates without any risk of irritation. Avocado oil contains beta carotene, protein, lecithin, fatty acids, and vitamins A, D, and E. These help moisturize even further, provide additional UV protection, and encourage collagen production to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Apricot kernel oil is another ingredient that helps with wrinkles and other aging signs. It helps reduce dark circles and puffiness and strengthens the skin in the eye area without leaving an oily residue. Witch hazel is a natural astringent that reduces inflammation and puffiness, soothes skin, and shrinks pores. Beeswax transfers tons of different nutrients to your skin, plus it’s antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial. Manuka honey helps heal, soothe, and purify the skin. Finally, Matrixyl Morphomics is a proprietary ingredient that contains peptides. Peptides encourage your skin’s natural production of collagen and elastic for smooth, vibrant skin with fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
Organixx Renew Eye Cream Key Features:
- Third-party lab tested
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- No preservative or parabens
- Improves dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, hydration, and skin strength
- Prevents the development of wrinkles
Best Eye Roller for Men: American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum
American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum brings the health benefits of CBD to your skincare routine.Check Price
Our runner up and favorite eye roller for men is the American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum. CBD has been getting more and more popular in all kinds of health products and skincare is no exception. CBD oil contains fatty acids that are essential to your skin’s health, so it revitalizes your skin. CBD oil may help with puffiness, under-eye bags, and the appearance of wrinkles, as well as generally improving the health of the skin around your eyes. This eye serum will leave you feeling younger and more vibrant and refreshed.
American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum has a roller style applicator, which helps to gently apply and spread the serum to the delicate skin around your eyes without pulling, stretching, or applying too much pressure, which can damage the delicate skin, causing wrinkles and other problems. It can be applied once or twice a day in the morning, evening, or both. If you plan to use it in the morning, we recommend storing the roller in the fridge so the coolness can soothe your eye area and help you feel more alert and awake. Once the serum dries, you can apply makeup over the area where it was applied if you prefer additional coverage.
American Shaman CBD Under Eye Serum Key Features:
- Gentle roller style applicator
- May help with puffiness, under-eye bags, and the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves health of the skin around eyes
- Can be worn underneath makeup
Best Budget Eye Cream for Men: NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care
Our favorite budget-friendly eye cream for men is NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care. However, it’s not just an eye cream. While NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care is certainly safe to use in the eye area, it’s a general night cream that can also be applied to the rest of the face as well as the neck for all-over improvements in a single step.
This cream is designed to be used in the evening. It provides high-intensity moisture that sinks in over the nighttime hours when your skin is at its most absorbent. At the same time, it reduces the appearance of wrinkles, prevents the development of new wrinkles, firms the skin, and helps regenerate the skin overnight for younger-looking skin. It does so by increasing the skin’s levels of Q10 and creatine, substances that naturally occur in the skin but decrease with aging. This decrease in Q10 and creatine levels is part of what contributes to visible signs of aging like wrinkles.
Like any eye cream, you won’t see dramatic results immediately, but the extra hydration can still help the area around your eyes look better after just one night. With nightly use, your skin should appear visibly firmer in as little as two weeks. NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care is dermatologically approved and is suitable for sensitive skin. Because it’s so deeply hydrating, it’s best for normal to dry skin.
NIVEA Q10 plus Anti-Wrinkle Night Care Key Features:
- Can be used across the face and neck
- Improves the skin’s Q10 and creatine levels
- Firms and regenerates the skin
- Reduces the appearance of existing wrinkles and prevents new ones
- Dermatologically approved and suitable for sensitive skin
- Best for normal and dry skin
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream for Men: Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Serum Treatment
Next up is our top pick for the best anti-aging eye cream for men, Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Serum Treatment. Our other eye creams so far have been unisex, or for both men and women. Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Serum Treatment, however, is designed specifically for men. Don’t let our categorization as an anti-aging eye cream fool you, though. Men of any age can benefit from this eye treatment.
Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Serum Treatment contains powerful ingredients that are proven to reduce the appearance of signs of aging while preventing the development of additional signs. Hyaluronic acid not only hydrates your skin but also helps it retain moisture, preventing it from drying out in the future. Like Q10 and creatine, hyaluronic acid naturally occurs in the skin, but levels reduce with aging, so adding it back to the skin helps reduce signs of aging.
This eye treatment also contains protein peptides, which help stimulate the production of collagen, which also decreases with age but is the main structural protein in the skin. Improving the levels of collagen in the skin helps combat the thinning of the skin which contributes to wrinkles, dark circles, bags, and other problems. Finally, vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects the skin from free radicals and further stimulates collagen production.
Brickell Men’s Restoring Eye Serum Treatment Key Features:
- Contains hyaluronic acid, protein peptides, and vitamin C
- Stimulates collagen production
- Fights undereye wrinkle, dark circles, and puffiness
- Natural and certified organic ingredients
- Good for men of all ages and skin types
Best Moisturizing Eye Cream for Men: Wilder’s Moisturizing Men’s Eye Cream
Finishing up our top five picks for eye creams for men is Wilder’s Moisturizing Men’s Eye Cream, our top pick for moisturizing eye creams for men. It’s intensely hydrating, with marine collagen and avocado oil. Peptides also help stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production for stronger, firmer, healthier skin. However, it also has a matte finish so you’re not left with a greasy residue around your eyes that can highlight wrinkles. This matte finish makes this eye cream great for both day and nighttime use.
While it hydrates, Wilder’s Moisturizing Men’s Eye Cream also helps reduce puffy and baggy skin, brightness dark circles, improves skin elasticity, and reduces the appearance of redness. One of this skin treatment’s main benefits is that it reduces signs of fatigue. It helps revitalize your skin to hide evidence of jet lag or a late night.
Ingredients like calendula and sesame provide natural anti-aging benefits. This eye cream contains a huge array of nutrients, such as vitamins and antioxidants, to generally promote the health and appearance of the eye area. Wilder’s Moisturizing Men’s Eye Cream is hypoallergic and great for sensitive skin. It’s also made in the US.
Wilder’s Moisturizing Men’s Eye Cream Key Features:
- Deeply moisturizing
- Reduces signs of fatigue
- Generally promotes health and appearance of the skin around the eyes
- Hypoallergenic and good for sensitive skin
- Matte finish
- Good for day and night use
Who Should Buy an Eye Cream for Men
Eye creams can be a great addition to any man’s skincare routine. There are eye creams for just about any problem that you could have in the eye area, including redness, dark circles, dullness, bags, dryness, thin or weak skin, swelling, wrinkles, uneven texture, and more. However, eye creams don’t just reduce the visibility of problems that already exist, they also prevent problems from developing, such as by preventing the development of wrinkles or locking in moisture to prevent dehydration.
For this reason, while eye creams are generally associated with older people, you’re never too young to add an eye cream to your skincare regimen. Most people start using eye creams in their thirties when they first start to notice signs of aging. It’s a good idea to start using one in your twenties, however, to prevent signs of aging before they even show up. They can also be used to address those problems that are pretty common among people in their twenties, like dryness and dark circles.
For more on eye creams, and some that aren’t specifically for men, then you may want to try The Best Eye Creams.
Important Features to Consider
Eye cream for men should do several things well. Here’s what to consider when selecting an eye cream:
- Needs. First and foremost, you want your eye cream to actually address the issues that you have with the appearance of your eye area. For example, if you’re concerned about wrinkles, you want to choose an anti-aging eye cream. If you have dark circles, you want an eye cream that brightens and strengthens the thin skin under your eyes.
- Strength. However, just because an eye cream is formulated to target the issues you’re concerned about doesn’t mean it’s the proper strength. An eye cream that’s too weak won’t do anything, but one that’s too strong can, at best, cost more than necessary for the results you want or, at worst, lead to irritation.
- Ingredients. Looks for skin creams with ingredients that have been proven to be effective for the things you want to correct, like retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, vitamin C, and caffeine. Keep an eye out for ingredients that are known to be dangerous, like allergens, herbicides, pesticides, and certain preservatives. Similarly, if you want a vegan option, be sure to check the ingredient list for animal products and look for a cruelty-free seal on the label.
- Speed of effects. Most skincare products, including eye creams, don’t show immediate results. You may initially see a difference in hydration, but you’ll generally have to wait weeks or even months of religious use before you see a real difference. Look for an eye cream that will show results at the speed that you want or at least check how quickly you can expect results so you can tell if your eye cream is working.
- Day or night use. Consider whether you want to use your eye cream in the morning or evening. The time of day can affect which features you want from your eye cream. For example, certain ingredients can cause sun sensitivity or be rendered less effective by the sun. If you plan on using your eye cream in the morning, you’ll want to skip these ingredients in favor of ones that provide sun protection. On the other end, if it’s important to you to have those ingredients, you’ll want to use your eye cream at night. Evening eye cream can also provide a greater level of hydration since it has hours to absorb into your skin.
- Skin type. Your skin type also makes a difference. If it tends to be oily, you’ll want to stay away from eye creams that are overly heavy or greasy. If your skin tends to be dry, you’ll want to make sure that your eye cream is hydrating. If you have sensitive skin, you’ll want to stay clear of potential irritants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do men’s eye creams work?
Some eye creams are not effective, but some really do work. To find an eye cream that’s effective, look for ones with ingredients that are known to work for your particular area of concern, like retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, vitamin C, and caffeine. All of the eye creams on this list have these types of ingredients and have excellent reviews from real consumers that are able to vouch for their efficacy.
What’s the most effective eye cream?
Even effective eye creams are not equally effective for all people. In fact, even for people with the same skin type and issues may not have equal results from the same eye cream due to natural variation in their skin. All of the eye creams on this list, however, have ingredients that are known to be effective and great reviews from customers.
Is eye serum better than cream?
Eye serum and cream can both be very effective. Which one is “better” just depends on your personal preferences for texture. Serums tend to be lighter and thinner while creams tend to be thicker and heavier. The thicker consistency of cream can make it better for night creams since it’s slower to absorb, giving plenty of time for the ingredients to sink into your skin. Serums can be a great option for daytime use since they absorb quickly and don’t leave a heavy, greasy residue.
When should you start using eye cream?
Most people start using eye cream in their thirties when they first notice signs of aging. However, it’s never too early to incorporate eye cream into your skincare regimen. After all, eye creams can help with problems other than signs of aging, which can show up in your twenties. In addition, starting an anti-aging regimen in your twenties can delay and minimize signs of aging that show up later.
Other Eye Creams for Men We Reviewed
We looked at 20 other eye creams for men. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best eye creams for men list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your eye area. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
- Anti-Aging Eye Creams
- Eye Creams with Hyaluronic Acid
- Eye Creams with Retinol
- Eye Rollers for Men
- Moisturizing Eye Creams for Men
Anti-Aging Eye Creams
This eye cream is moisturizing, but also unscented, gentle, non-toxic, and non-comedogenic so it’s great for sensitive skin of all skin types.
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, dryness, bags, and puffiness
- Great for sensitive skin
- Good for day and night use
This eye cream contains peptides to boost collagen production and reduce the appearance of crow’s feet and fine lines.
- Lifts and tightens the skin
- Reduces the appearance of deep surface wrinkles
- Reduces puffiness and fatigue
This eye cream contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), vitamin A, and pro-vitamin B5 to increase firmness and reduce the appearance of various signs of aging.
- Hypoallergenic formula and ophthalmologist tested
- Reduces irritation, puffiness, and dark circles
- Moisturizes and improves the appearance of wrinkles
This eye cream not only improves visible signs of aging, but it also protects the skin from things that can cause premature aging, like pollutants, UV damage, and dryness.
- Protects from premature aging
- Hydrates, firms, and smooths
- Reduces puffiness and dark circles
Like our top budget pick, this eye cream helps restore the skin’s natural levels of Q10 and creatine.
- Brightens, firms, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Provides UVA and UVB protection
- Moisturizing and revitalizing
This eye gel revitalizes, soothes, and moisturizes the skin for a younger, more radiant appearance.
- Good for most skin types
- Cucumber extract, witch hazel, and pro-vitamin B5 moisturize and reduce the signs of aging
Eye Creams with Hyaluronic Acid
This eye cream is very similar to our top anti-aging cream for men, but with a more traditional cream formula rather than a serum.
- Natural, certified organic ingredients
- Contains hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, green tea, aloe, MSM, and protein peptides
- Fights wrinkles, bags, dark circles, and puffiness
This eye gel has an advanced repair formula that improves the texture, firmness, and hydration of the area around the eyes.
- Good for all skin types
- Hydrating, firming, and wrinkle-reducing
- Restores elasticity and promotes collagen production
This natural eye cream contains eight botanicals, three vitamins, and three hydrating natural acids to improve the health and appearance of your eye area.
- Boosts collagen production and blood flow
- Natural antioxidants
- Improves dryness, puffiness and sagginess, discoloration and dark circles, and fine lines and wrinkles
This eye cream contains natural ingredients and is great for all skin types for both day and night use. It can also be used on the forehead and cheek area as well.
- Infused with collagen and stem cell
- Brightens, tightens, moisturizes, firms, lifts, and fights wrinkles
- Good for all skin types for day and night use and can be used around the eye, forehead, and cheek areas
This eye cream has a unique water gel formula that absorbs quickly yet provides long-lasting, intense moisture.
- Smooths and moisturizes the area around the eyes
- Locks in hydration for 24 hours
- Non-comedogenic, ophthalmologist-tested, and free of oils, fragrance, and dyes
This eye cream uses a comprehensive cocktail of natural ingredients to gently smooth, restore, protect, soothe, heal, and hydrate the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Uses a variety of natural ingredients to protect and promote the health of the skin around the eyes
- Rejuvenating, anti-aging formula
Eye Creams with Retinol
This anti-aging eye cream combines retinol, hyaluronic acid, and collagen for powerful results.
- Powerful anti-aging formula boosted by antioxidants and vitamins C and E
- Lightweight, non-greasy, and fast-absorbing formula
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and GMO-free
This eye cream uses Simuplex and Pro-Retinol A to deliver firmer, smoother skin in just four weeks.
- Firms, smooths, reduces puffiness, and fights wrinkles
- Dermatologist-tested and suitable for sensitive skin
- Reduces the appearance of dark circles
This eye cream contains hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and retinol to smooth the eye area and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brightens and evens dark circles
- Improves skin texture
- Shows results in just one week
This eye cream contains hyaluronic acid and retinol for smoother, brighter, younger-looking skin.
- Contains green tea and ginseng, which are natural antioxidants
- Reduces hyperpigmentation, never skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Improves the firmness and elasticity of skin
Eye Rollers for Men
This eye roller is the same as our top eye roller for men, but with absolutely no THC in the formula.
- Gentle roller style applicator
- May help with puffiness, under-eye bags, and the appearance of wrinkles
- Improves health of the skin around eyes
Don’t let the packaging fool you: this rollerball eye serum is great for both men and women.
- Applicator helps refresh the eye area and reduce puffiness
- Contains caffeine to invigorate and botanicals to soothe
- Ophthalmologist tested and free of parabens and sulfates
Moisturizing Eye Creams for Men
This eye cream is highly soothing and moisturizing to promote skin health and prevent signs of aging.
- Contains soothing botanicals
- Hydrates to reduce signs of aging and fatigue
- Hemectants help your skin retain moisture
This moisturizer and eye cream is formulated to not just hydrate, but also protect skin from pollution.
- Eye cream and face moisturizer in one
- Good for morning and evening use
- Hydrates without leaving skin greasy