Multivitamins, also called multiminerals, are a combination of many different vitamins and minerals normally found in foods and other natural sources. Multivitamins are becoming more and more popular with each coming year for a plethora of reasons. Most notably, their popularity is soaring due to their convenience of helping individuals cover-up for any potential vitamin deficiency from a host of scenarios including pregnancy, illness, and nutritional gaps to name a few.
We have reviewed dozens of multivitamins for men to bring you a list of our favorites. We looked at various features (whether it has probiotics or superfood blends, for example) so you can decide exactly what you want in a multivitamin. We checked prices, whether the ingredients were of quality, and what customers had to say about them.
Our top pick is the Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin. This high-quality multivitamin provides men with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to meet the demands of a vibrant lifestyle. However, this product stands out due to providing extra benefits such as digestive support and an impressive superfood blend.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Multivitamins for Men
|Best Multivitamin for Men Overall||Rainbow Light Men's One Multivitamin||4.4|
|Best Whole Food Multivitamin for Men||Dr Tobias Adult Multivitamin||4.5|
|Best Budget Multivitamin for Men||One A Day Men’s Multivitamin||4.7|
|Best Multivitamin for Men Over 50||Centrum Silver Men||4.7|
|Best Gummy Multivitamins for Men||Nature's Way Alive!® Adult Premium Gummy Multivitamin||4.3|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Best Multivitamin for Men Overall: Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin
Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin easily made our top spot in our list of the 5 best men’s multivitamins. From one easy to digest daily tablet, your essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant needs will be met. However, going above and beyond what the typical multivitamins include, these include digestive support along with a quality specialty superfood blend.
As with most multivitamins, it’s recommended to take with or between meals. This comprehensive supplement also bears worth noting that each and every ingredient is naturally sourced. With a potent B vitamin complex profile, a common occurrence among the 5,000+ reviewers is a boost in energy and mood.
Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin Key Features:
- Increase energy and nerve cell protection due to B vitamin complex and choline
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegetarian
- Customized nutritional support
- Organic superfood blend
Best Whole Food Multivitamin for Men: Dr. Tobias Adult Multivitamin
Dr. Tobias Adult Multivitamin comes with enhanced bioavailability, which simply means that your body absorbs the nutrients easier. Along with that, this multivitamin was formulated for multi-system support to help engineer optimal health for men.
Without the use of genetic modification, these multivitamins are a solid option to help fill in your daily nutritional gaps. Made from 42 fruits and vegetables, this whole food multivitamin can supply your body with quality nutrients by ingesting three tablets daily, preferably with meals or as directed by your health care professional.
Dr. Tobias Adult Multivitamin Key Features:
- Includes plant-based enzymes
- Non-GMO, with potent antioxidants
- Enhanced bioavailability
- Formulated for optimal health
- Manufactured in FDA registered and GMP-certified facility
Best Budget Multivitamin for Men: One A Day Men’s Multivitamin
The One A Day Men’s Multivitamin is our top pick among the most budget-friendly men’s multivitamins. This multivitamin, which has been around for over 75 years was formulated to address the leading concerns for men’s health which are heart health, physical energy, regulating blood pressure, immune health, and muscle functioning.
Along with that, this multivitamin has 100% daily value of 12 essential nutrients that support men’s overall well-being. If you’re looking for a basic foundational multivitamin, this multivitamin, which requires ingesting one tablet per day is a solid option to get the most bang for your buck.
One A Day Men’s Multivitamin Key Features:
- Addresses the leading health concerns for men
- Trusted in the industry due to being around over 75 years
- Free of gluten, artificial colors and sweeteners, and dairy
- Compliant with the new FDA labeling regulations
Best Multivitamin for Men Over 50: Centrum Silver Men
The Centrum Silver Men Multivitamin is our top pick for the best multivitamin for men over 50. Besides being cost-effective, this multivitamin is specifically formulated in its vitamin and mineral ratios for men age 50+. The four big areas of focus are heart health, brain health, eye health, and muscle functioning.
This complete multivitamin also has Centrum’s highest levels of the vastly important Vitamin D3 to support muscle functioning. With an easy-to-swallow tablet each day along with being back by independent lab tests, this multivitamin is the go-to one to handle the uniqueness that comes with being a 50+ aged male.
Centrum Silver Men’s Multivitamin Key Features:
- Addresses the specific leading health concerns for men 50+
- Number one doctor and pharmacist recommended brand
- Verified non-GMO and gluten-free
- Cost-efficient without a sacrifice of quality
- Formulations backed by 40 years of nutritional science
Best Gummy Multivitamins for Men: Nature’s Way Alive!® Adult Premium Gummy Multivitamin
Not everyone is a fan of swallowing tablets each day. With that in mind, Nature’s Way Alive Adult Premium Gummy Multivitamin is our top pick for the best gummy multivitamins for men. These multivitamins contain 14 vitamins and minerals along with including a fruit and veggie blend of 150mg per serving.
Through chewing only three gummies per day that aren’t flavorless nor containing any sorts of preservatives, you’ll be providing your body with quality nutrients that will help your health and energy
Nature’s Way Alive Adult Premium Gummy Multivitamin Key Features:
- 14 key vitamins and minerals along with choline and inositol
- Provides a solid foundation for optimal well-being
- Made with pectin, no gelatin
- Premium formula with Orchard Fruits and Garden Veggies Powder Blend
- Trusted Brand for the last 50 years
Who Should Buy a Men’s Multivitamin
Deciding to use a multivitamin in order to fill in missing gaps from your daily nutritional repertoire is a wise choice of action. Due to certain likes and dislikes of foods, important minerals and vitamins run the chance of not being consumed in adequate amounts. In those situations, these multivitamin supplements are an excellent addition to address those potential deficiencies.
Beyond that, men who are inconsistent with their daily nutritional habits will also benefit from using a multivitamin as an insurance policy. If you have specific health issues or genetic predispositions, then multivitamins are beneficial as well.
However, it’s worth noting, in this case, to consult with your healthcare provider to get assistance on which multivitamin would be most beneficial for your unique circumstances. For those also looking to make sure they’re getting the proper amount of electrolytes, you will definitely want to check out The Best Electrolyte Tablets, Supplements And Powders.
Important Features To Consider
There are numerous multivitamins already in existence and more seemingly arrive each day. With that said, there are some key features that men should think about before purchasing their multivitamins. Here are a few of the bigger ones to keep in mind as you decide which is the right one for you:
- Age. Besides being gender-specific, the next big guideline to consider is your age. A 55-year-old male will be at a different stage of life and health compared to a 30-year-old male.
- Size and form of consumption. If you have difficulty swallowing large pills or gel-coated capsules, consider powder formulations or gummy options.
- Allergies and how it’s manufactured. Some multivitamins are vegetarian and gluten along with being processed in facilities free of soy, peanuts, and other similar potential allergic items. And some aren’t. Therefore, before making your purchase, check on the label to see if it’s vegan or vegetarian.
- Beware of fillers and additives. Make sure your multivitamin doesn’t contain added synthetic colors and ingredients that you don’t recognize nor that sounds like a bad science experiment. It’s best to purchase clean and natural products from whole food sources.
- Special features. While most multivitamins will contain the essential vitamins and minerals, not all contain the extras. If you’re looking for extra support that is beyond the basics, looking for digestive support, superfood formulations, and other targeted issues important to your specific lifestyle.
- Nutrient amounts. Some multivitamins contain amounts of certain nutrients more than others. If you’re under a specialty health plan or restrictions from a healthcare provider, be mindful of the amounts of each nutrient by paying attention to the label amounts on the back.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are multivitamins for men?
Men and women have a handful of differences among each other including the requirements for their bodies. Men compared to women require more of some nutrients and less of others. Leveraging a multivitamin specifically with a man’s need in mind can help bridge the gap. These various vitamins and minerals are important to your overall health and daily functions due to producing numerous (and critical) roles for your body.
Do men need to take a multivitamin?
Not necessarily. However, most men would benefit from taking a multivitamin because it’s difficult to consistently get enough of your recommended essential vitamins and minerals through diet alone. Plus, a multivitamin can serve as an excellent insurance policy to staying a vibrant and healthy man no matter your age.
What supplements should men take?
Men don’t have to take any sort of supplement. But, due to a typical man’s lifestyle and daily habits, supplementation is often highly beneficial. The first area of focus with your supplementation plan is to look into a solid multivitamin to cover your foundation bases. A few other supplements to consider due to their amounts being limited in a typical multivitamin include Vitamin D, Magnesium, Omega-3’s, Zinc, and Saw Palmetto Extract.
Should I take multivitamins in the morning or at night?
There isn’t an absolute answer to this. But, the consensus is that taking your multivitamin earlier in the day with a meal would be more ideal for the majority of people. Taking it with a meal is to help with digestion for those who have more sensitive stomachs. Lastly, many of these vitamins packed together in the multivitamin are designed to provide you with energy to boost your day. If it’s a separate supplement like magnesium or a specialty night formula supplement, then night time would be more ideal.
Other Multivitamins For Men We Reviewed
In addition to the five that made our top spots above, we also reviewed 20 other multivitamins for men. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best multivitamins for men list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
A reasonably priced multivitamin that has the methylated vitamin forms to help those who genetically benefit from these forms.
- Methylated B vitamins
- Organic fruits and vegetables
- Vegetable capsules
A natural source and a blend of organic fruits and vegetables that are rich in phytonutrients. It also includes the methylated forms of B vitamins.
- Vegetarian formula with raw B complex vitamins cultured in probiotics
- Iodine from organic algae
- Includes K2 as the important, but rare form of Menaquinone-7
A cost-effective multivitamin that contains 25 key vitamins and minerals to help you have vibrant health and energy.
- Contains a high level of antioxidants
- Free of fluff ingredients
- Cost-efficient option
A vegan comprehensive multivitamin that contains almost 1005 whole food-derived nutrients designed to give your body the proper nutrients and energy it deserves without the filler.
- Probiotics and enzymes support for gut health
- Antioxidant support to help joint and immune health
- 100% of key vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
An award-winning multivitamin that also possesses a unique advanced energy support formula for those who are specifically needing help in this department.
- Great for those looking for more energy on a daily basis
- Complete nutrient-rich formula
- Fast-acting formula
A potent and comprehensive multivitamin that places extra attention to helping improve daily energy levels.
- Formulated to help support immune health and daily energy levels
- Over 100% daily value in more than 10 essential vitamins
- Rigorously tested for potency, purity, and identity
A certified organic whole food multivitamin that is completely tailored for men’s needs in mind. This multivitamin is made from over 30 fruits, vegetables, and herbs.
- Uses Methylcobalamin
- Innovative scientific-driven formulas
- Free of synthetic ingredients, binders, and fillers
Gummy Multivitamins For Men
A complete gummy multivitamin with flavor and packed with plenty of nutritional conveniences to cover your overall health needs.
- It’s chewable and fruit-flavored
- Formulated to support immune health
- Has 100% daily value or more of 7 essential nutrients for your health
A unique multivitamin that is chewable along with containing amounts of the all-important omega-3’s.
- Contains 60 mg of heart-healthy omega-3s EPA and DHA per serving
- Vitamins A, C, and D, as well as small amounts of zinc to help and support your immune system
- Vitamin D to help support your healthy bones and teeth
Fruit-flavored gummies that also provide the convenience of supporting the specific health issues most important to men.
- 100% daily value of 10 essential nutrients that support men’s overall well-being
- Extra antioxidant support to increased physical activity
- Flavorful and conveniently addresses important issues
This Purity Award-winning multivitamin contains 17 essential nutrients along with lycopene to support prostate health.
- Contains CoQ10 to support cardiovascular health
- Contains Omega-3’s
- Contains Lycopene to support prostate health
Multivitamins For Active Men
A unique multivitamin specifically engineered for runners that helps them achieve peak performance and unlock their full potential by addressing specific gaps for runners.
- Contains performance level amounts of the critical B vitamins
- Contains 5x the amount of Vitamin C
- Created from a proprietary blend of 42 fruits and vegetables
A truly unique comprehensive multivitamin for the high-performance athletes. This multivitamin comes with a morning formula to promote energy production while the night formula promotes rest and relaxation.
- Supports high-performance nutrition programs and is NSF Certified for Sport
- Tailored made for athletes
- Clinically studied
A complete formulation that’s been around since 1983 created for men who are athletes or into strength training.
- Engineered specifically for the hardest training athletes
- Blend of formulated vitamins, minerals, amino acids, herbs, and antioxidants
- Designed for serious training athletes
A comprehensive multivitamin designed for sport enthusiastic men while also cover the bases for everyday foundational health.
- Contains a clinically studies multivitamin blend for men
- Contains unique performance features such as beta-alanine
- Supports athletic endeavors
Extra Men’s Support Multivitamins
A multivitamin complex with a unique proprietary blend designed for men’s unique needs that include zinc, selenium, and magnesium. This supplement also contains 170mg of their Male Support Blend, which includes Urtica Dioica Extract, Saw Palmetto, Lutein, and Lycopene.
- Immune and prostate support
- Advanced daily multivitamin complex
- GMO-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free
While a little pricier than others, this high-quality family-owned brand packs a punch as far as what’s included in this premium multivitamin.
- Bioflavonoids and botanical extracts
- Naturally derived essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids
- Whole foods and green super-foods for ultimate nutritional support
A premium men’s whole food formulated multivitamin designed with the key male health issues in mind. It’s designed by a small family-owned business that contains natural food-based ingredients.
- Natural support for prostate, brain, heart, eye, and gut health
- Non-GMO and 100% organic
- Contains strong antioxidants
A specialty multivitamin for men derived from the farm and formulated into a tablet to help men feel like their best self.
- Tested for 125+ herbicides and pesticides
- Contains 15mg of zinc to support healthy prostate functioning
- Supports healthy energy production and nervous system health
A potent and extremely high-grade multivitamin that has more than 30 product-specific clinical studies behind it along with being published in peer-reviewed journals. This brand is often one that experienced healthcare professionals use.
- A comprehensive profile of highly bioavailable vitamins, fully-chelated minerals, and antioxidants
- Hypoallergenic and research-based supplements
- Excellent reputation