Nausea can be absolutely debilitating. Whether you suffer from the occasional bout of it or experience this problem on the regular, nausea can make even the simplest of tasks feel impossible. Given how awful it is, you’ll have likely tried just about everything to get it under control to no avail.
The good news is that there is another option that’s not only relatively effective, but also completely natural. We’re talking about Cannabidiol, or CBD oil as it’s more commonly known. In this guide, we explore everything you need to know about using CBD for nausea.
How Do You Stop Nausea?
There are a number of remedies available that may be able to stop your nausea. Medical News Today offers a number of suggestions including:
- Anti-nausea drugs
- Eating certain foods such as ginger, peppermint, cinnamon
- Sitting upright
Unfortunately, you may find that many of these go-to remedies are ineffective and impractical. What’s more, many come with undesirable side effects—of which can even outweigh the discomfort of your nausea! Over the counter nausea medications can be particularly harsh on your stomach.
It’s no wonder, then, that CBD oil has become an attractive alternative for many people looking to stop or minimize their nausea.
What is CBD Oil?
Charlotte's Web Full Spectrum CBD Oil
Say goodbye to your nausea with this full spectrum CBD oil which comes in 4 tempting flavors.Check Price
In order to understand the relationship between CBD and nausea, it is important to first comprehend what CBD is in the first place. CBD is a non-intoxicating phytocannabinoid from the cannabis plant. Due to the fact that CBD is non-psychoactive, it will not make you ‘high.’
Its properties are instead well-known for helping to ease and help with a range of health issues, including nausea. In fact, a high-quality CBD oil can support your overall health thanks to its combination of phytocannabinoids and other beneficial plant compounds.
Does CBD Oil Settle Your Stomach?
Yes, taking CBD oil can help to settle your stomach. A number of studies have shown that CBD oil can aid those experiencing nausea. However, it should be noted that such studies have primarily focused on individuals who are experiencing nausea as a symptom of their cancer treatment.
Overall, these studies have supported that CBD oil may be able to provide relief from nausea in cancer patients. For example, research published in the British Journal of Pharmacology concluded that, “Preclinical research indicates that cannabinioids, including CBD, may be effective clinically for treating both nausea and vomiting produced by chemotherapy or other therapeutic treatments.”
There have also been numerous studies into how CBD oil can be used to minimize symptoms of anxiety. For example, a study published in 2012 that reviewed existing research on the anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) effects of CBD noted that the review “clearly suggest an anxiolytic-like effect of CBD.” This is of significance because nausea can be a symptom of anxiety.
More research is indeed needed to further investigate the efficacy of using CBD oil to settle your stomach, but research thus far has been incredibly promising.
Which CBD Oil is Best for Nausea?
There is no straightforward answer to this question: the CBD oil which is best for nausea will depend on each person. That being said, there are some helpful pointers we recommend you to keep in mind when shopping around for a CBD oil for your nausea:
- Buy from a reputable CBD oil supplier such as Green Garden Gold and Aspen Green to ensure your CBD oil is made to the highest standards.
- Look out for eye-catching features. For example, you can buy an organic and GMO-free CBD oil if you prefer an even more natural option.
- Note the potency of the CBD before clicking “Add to Cart”. CBD oils usually come in 300 mg (low-potency CBD), 600 mg (medium-potency), and 1000 mg (high-potency). Always start low and then you can gradually work your way up.
- Flavored CBD oil is a fantastic option if find the original taste of CBD oil unappetizing. It’s also great for anyone who simply likes mixing things up! There are no shortage of flavor options available, from lemonade to orange.
- If you’re new to using CBD oil and are looking for a way to dip your toes in, opt for a CBD oil starter pack.
- Buy in bulk if you want to save money. Many cannabis oil brands offer significant discounts if you buy more than one bottle, so be on the lookout for bulk buy discounts to make some serious savings.
- Get professional advice. Before you start using CBD for nausea it’s always advisable to first seek advice from your doctor. This is particularly critical to do if you are using it to treat nausea associated with your cancer treatment.
You’ve learned how helpful CBD oil can be in helping to get a better handle on your nausea, as well as some tips on choosing the right CBD oil for you. The only way to see if CBD oil is right for you is to give it a try for yourself. You really don’t have anything to lose, especially as it offers a range of other possible benefits, including weight loss!